Wednesday 23 May 2012

Waiting on Wednesday {3}

Hello! Your friendly neighbourhood bookaholic here, writing to wish you all a HAPPY WEDNESDAY! I can't say I've had the best day today, I had to give a presentation on HIV for my degree course. Absolutely terrifying!!

 Anyway, today's Waiting on Wednesday comes from Gena Showalter again...I know I featured Wicked Nights by her 2 weeks ago but this is a completely different series so it doesn't count :)

Title: Alice in Zombieland
Author: Gena Showalter
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Release Date: 25th September 2012
Series: White Rabbit Chronicles, Book 1

Blurb from Goodreads:
She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.
Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.
Her father was right. The monsters are real….
To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….

I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish.

Why am I waiting on it?
Do you really need to ask that question? Firstly, I have a small obsession with Gena Showalter...a teensy, tinesy little obsession...all right, fine, I have a rather large obsession, but the point still stands that I love Gena Showalter. Her lords of the Underworld series was one of the first 5 books on PR I ever read so she'll always hold a special place on my shelf. I'm interested to see what she can do with YA.
Secondly, the title, Alice in Zombieland! How freaking awesome does it sound already :)
Thirdly, Zombies! I haven't read much with zombies as a feature... I've watched the Resident Evil films but that's about it, I'm trying to branch out a little with my reading and this is top of the list! (If anyone can suggest other good zombie books let me know!)
Plus the cover is pretty nice...all in all, definitely on my TBR pile!

Is Alice in Zombieland on your TBR pile too? Let me know what you're waiting on :)
See you later :)

1 comment:

A Beautiful Madness said...

Can't wait to read this one! I love Alice in Wonderland, so I can't wait to read this version. Great pick!
Em
My WOW

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...