Wednesday 16 May 2012

Waiting on Wednesday {2}

Hello again everyone. Yep, it's Wednesday and as of last week I've joined the meme Waiting on Wednesday hosted by Breaking the Spine. Waiting on Wednesday is a great way to let everyone know what books you are counting down the days for. This week it's the newest series that's got me in a death grip...I've even got one of those widget countdown things I'm that impatient :) This is Grave Memory!

Title: Grave Memory
Author: Kalayna Price
Publisher: Berkley UK | ROC (US)
Release Date: 5th July 2012 (UK) | 3rd July 2012 (US)
Series: Alex Craft Series, Book 3

Blurb from Goodreads:
As a Grave Witch, Alex solves murders by raising the dead—an ability that comes at a cost, and after her last few cases, that cost is compounding. But her magic isn’t the only thing causing havoc in her life. While she’s always been on friendly terms with Death himself, things have recently become a whole lot more close and personal. Then there’s her sometime partner, agent Falin Andrews, who is under the glamour of the Winter Queen. To top everything off, her best friend has been forever changed by her time spent captive in Faerie.
But the personal takes a backseat to the professional when a string of suicides occur in Nekros City and Alex is hired to investigate. The shades have no memory of the days leading up to their brutal endings, so despite the very public apparent suicides, this is murder. But what kind of magic can overcome the human will to survive? And why do the shades lack the memory of their deaths? Searching for the answer might mean Alex won’t have a life to remember at all…

Why am I waiting for it?
Well, in the last 4 weeks I have read books 1 & 2 (Grave Witch and Grave Dance) in this series and adored them so I can only hope that book 3 will live up to the same standard as its predecessors. I can't wait to see which direction the love triangle takes! Will Alex choose Falin, the powerful Fey with the blood of hundreds on his hands...the unobtainable Fey because he is the Winter Queen's assassin and ex-lover. Or will Alex choose the man who has been by her side since she was a child...a man equally unobtainable, the soul collector known only as Death. Death has already declared his love for Alex but is prohibited from having a relationship with her due to events in Grave Dance. I'm rather excited to know!
I wonder what new challenges Alex's heritage and her new title among the Fey will bring...I hope that we learn more about her and her rapidly growing powers. I love Alex, she's quirky and fun as well as being pretty fearless in the face of approaching death.

Who knows what Grave Memory will bring, but I know I certainly can't wait to find out! Plus, I LOVE the covers in this series, striking but almost eerie at the same time, a good representation of Alex!



3 comments:

Kristin (Book Sniffers Anonymous) said...

This sounds like a fun series. I will have to check out the first book .
Book Sniffers Anonymous

Jennifer said...

The Alex Craft series sounds like one I need to check out soon. Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting my WoW.

Jennifer @ Feminist Fairy Tale Reviews

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a really good series. Thanks for sharing.

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...