Friday 11 May 2012

Feature and Follow {11}

Hello! It's Friday any you know what that means, Feature and Follow time! Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read and is a fabulous way of all us bloggers out there to interact. So, hello to those who have not visited me before and welcome back to those who have :) Righty then...lets have a look at this week's question.

Q: This Sunday in the U.S. is Mother’s Day, in celebration, what are some of your favorite books with strong mother/child relationships?

Ahh, ok...we in the UK had Mothering Sunday back in March. I tried to cook for my Mum but she insisted on doing it herself...something about not wanting to get food poisoning apparently. She's a Food Technology teacher so can get a bit funny about people making mess in her kitchen *looks guilty*. I love my Mummy with all my heart, she has always been there for me and has never lost her patience...she really has the patience of a saint since I was an awful child...Sorry Mum :)

Anyway, my favourite mother/child relationships definitely come from Sherrilyn Kenyon's writing. Whether it's the tragic story of Acheron and the Destroyer...a mother who can never hold her child, a child who has never felt the security of his mothers arms around him. They can never meet face to face...but Acheron loves his mother  and the Destroyer would die for her son...or end the world for him, whichever works best. That relationship is one that always kills me!
http://www.homelifeweekly.com/mothers-day/printable-mothers-day-cards/
http://www.homelifeweekly.com 
Another mother/child relationship I find fascinating is Artemis and Katra (again from her Dark Hunter Series). Artemis always seemed so cold and calculating and then we see one of Kat's memories...one where we see Artemis acting like a mother, showing her child warmth and love that she's never shown anyone else. The fact that she gets very freaked out by the title Grandma is also amusing :) 

Also...I know it technically doesn't count...but the men from the League series...these huge burly assassins and they get completely flummoxed by their own children. Such lethal men whose hearts hold so much love for their children, it's beautifully written, though dating Nykyrian's daughter would be extremely hazardous to your health I think...yeah he'd definitely be one of those fathers cleaning blasters or sharpening knives when the guy walks through the door *laughs*.

Alrighty then, I've got to go I will see you folks later :) Leave me your thoughts and I'll get back to you!

Bye!

4 comments:

T said...

I haven't actually read either of these yet!

Thanks for stopping by, now following you right back!

Unknown said...

love all of her books aswell

new follower

candi

Catie said...

haven't read these yet, I'll have to take a look

new follower :)
My FF

Anonymous said...

Yup, in Spain mother's day was the week before this FF. But oh, well. Hey, they really sound nice! I still have to read Sherrilyn Kenyon's series, but I'm hoping to do so soon. And the other series you mentioned -- sounded amazing! I'll have to check them out :)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...