Friday 11 May 2012

Signing: Rachel Caine!!

HI!!! Oh my word I have been bouncing off the walls today, because today US Best-selling author Rachel Caine was in Liverpool for a SIGNING!! How cool is that! As you all know, BLACK DAWN, Rachael Caine's newest addition to The Morganville Vampires Series was released at the beginning of the month and she's come to the UK for a tour :) I've never been so excited!

I have a small confession...I've never been to a book signing before! Never met an author or anything like that...so to meet Rachel Caine...was absolutely terrifying! I love that woman so much, I ADORE her Morganville Series and the Weather Warden Series as well. So to actually see her was awesome. I had so many things I wanted to ask...but got completely shell shocked when she said 'Hi' that I forgot every one of them...

Anyway, the point of this post is to show you guys the awesome stuff I got today. Soo....
Ok, So this is my copy of BLACK DAWN that I bought especially to be signed :) There's also some cool BLACK DAWN / MORGANVILLE Bookmarks (2), and finally there is an awesome BLACK DAWN pass case. All of which are extremely cool and will be added to my collection!

And this is my signed copy of BLACK DAWN! I am seriously never ever letting this out of my sight...I may have to install a safe in the house in order to keep my housemates away from it haha :) 
Oh and another reason I love Rachel Caine is that she said the spelling of my name is Avant-Garde, whereas all my friends just think it's weird, so thank you so much for that Ms Caine!!

Today was simply an awesome experience and now I know I'll have to go to book signings more often...though it will be a challenge for any to ever top this one.


P.s. Oh and BLACK DAWN is one of the books you could win in my 1 Year Blogiversary Giveaway...Don't forget to enter :)

2 comments:

Amber Garr said...

That's awesome! She's one of my favorites too!

Nicola said...

Eeeeee! I saw her too and it was my first signing as well!! I was at the signing in Dublin on Thursday. It was such an awesome evening. Isn't she so hilarious and lovely? I got a picture taken with her, I shall treasure it forever. ;)

I was so happy with the swag, too!

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...