Sunday 20 May 2012

Added to the shelves this week...

Hey everyone, happy Sunday! I hope you've all enjoyed your week, I've been writing assignments so have not had much time to read this week, though somehow I have still managed to add a few books to my bookshelf!

Books Received for Review

The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter (Goddess Test, book 2.5) - Received from Harlequin via NetGalley
For millennia we've caught only glimpses of the lives and loves of the gods and goddesses on Olympus. Now Aimée Carter pulls back the curtain on how they became the powerful, petty, loving and dangerous immortals that Kate Winters knows.
Calliope/Hera represented constancy and yet had a husband who never matched her faithfulness...
Ava/Aphrodite was the goddess of love and yet commitment was a totally different deal...
Persephone was urged to marry one man, yet longed for another...
James/Hermes loved to make trouble for others-but never knew true loss before...
Henry/Hades's solitary existence had grown too wearisome to continue. But meeting Kate Winters gave him a new hope...
Five original novellas of love, loss and longing and the will to survive throughout the ages.
 

I've been meaning to read the Goddess Test series for ages now. I love Greek mythology and this certainly sounds like it'll be a good read!

Shadow Bound by Rachel Vincent (Unbound Series, book 2) - Recieved from Harlequin UK via NetGalley
KORI DANIELS is a shadow-walker, able to travel instantly from one shadow to another. After weeks of confinement for betraying her boss, she’s ready to break free of the Tower syndicate for good. But Jake Tower has one final job for Kori, one chance to secure freedom for herself and her sister, Kenley, even if that means taking it from someone else…
The job? Recruit Ian Holt—or kill him.
Ian’s ability to manipulate the dark has drawn interest from every syndicate in the world, most notably an invitation from Jake Tower. Though he has no interest in organized crime, Ian accepts the invite, because he’s on a mission of his own. Ian has come to kill Tower’s top Binder: Kori’s little sister.
Amid the tangle of lies, an unexpected thread of truth connecting Ian and Kori comes to light. But with opposing goals, they’ll have to choose between love and liberty.

OH YEAH! I could not believe it when I saw this on NetGalley, I did a double take. I had to have it...I enjoyed Blood Bound and Shadow Bound sounds just as good!

Books I've Bought

Eternal kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost (Night Huntress World, Book 2)
An immortal war has been brewing in the darkness . . . And now one woman has stumbled into the shadows.
Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she's only imagined in her worst nightmares.
At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master vampire who thought he'd seen it all. Then Kira appears, this fearless, beautiful . . . human who braved death to rescue him. Though he burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life. Yet sending her away is unthinkable.
But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose either the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction

I love the Night Huntress Series and I saw Mencheres' book on amazon.co.uk for only 99p so I had to have it! I hope we see Mencheres kick ass with all that power he has! Have to say that I despise the cover though!

The Scent of Shadows by Vicki Pettersson (Signs of the Zodiac, book 1)
The First Sign of the Zodiac
When she was sixteen, Joanna Archer was brutally assaulted and left to die in the Nevada desert.
By rights, she should be dead.
Now a photographer by day, she prowls a different Las Vegas after sunset – a grim, secret Sin City where Light battles Shadow – seeking answers to whom or what she really is … and revenge for the horrors she was forced to endure.
But the nightmare is just beginning – for the demons are hunting Joanna, and the powerful Shadows want her for their own.

Gemma at Book Chick City recommended this to me, and as it was only 99p again I thought I'd give it a shot...but it's another one whose cover I don't like. Fingers crossed the book is good though.

That's all this week folks, I've got to get back to writing my assignments. Don't forget that Thursday is the big day! V's Book Life will be turning 1 this week so remember to enter my celebratory giveaway here!

See you soon!

4 comments:

Grace Fonseca said...

Very nice haul of books. Always love seeing what people get. Come visit me as well.

Grace

Unknown said...

New Follower. I can't wait to get my hands on Shadow Bound and I love Jeaniene Frost. :-) Enjoy!
--Jenese

Readersconfession.blogspot.com

Nicola said...

Soooo excited about The Goddess Legacy! I love that series. :D

Happy reading!

Tynga said...

I cant wait for Shadow Bound, I LOVED Blood Bound!
Thanks for joining STS!

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...