Sunday 13 May 2012

Added to the groaning shelves this week...

Hello everyone, it's Sunday so that means it's when I normally do the meme In My Mailbox. I've been uuummming and ahhhing whether or not to continue with this meme after all the drama that unfolded with the Story Siren about 3-4 weeks ago. I've finally decided that I am not going to continue with IMM, but I'm not going to join another meme at the moment either. Instead I'm just going to do a weekly round-up of what's been added to my shelves this week...it's not going to be a meme, just a normal post, but will follow the format I'd used when participating in IMM.
Who knows what I'll do in the future, I may go back to IMM or I may join another meme if I find one that I really enjoy. For now I'm just going to do a weekly round up on a Sunday of the books I've added to my already groaning shelves.

Books Received for Review:

Promises by Amber Garr (Syrenka Series, book 1)
Sometimes following your heart can end up destroying the ones you love.
When seventeen-year-old Eviana Dumahl is faced with the responsibility of an arranged marriage and clan leadership, she is forced to choose between the life required of a mermaid and one of a teenage girl simply infatuated with the wrong guy. Kain, her devoted fiancé would make a wonderful husband except that she’s been in love with Brendan, a shape-shifting selkie, ever since they were kids. Choosing to abandon her family, her clan, and her life with Kain will have dire consequences far beyond anything she could have imagined.
A war is brewing amongst the clans and Eviana unwittingly becomes a pawn in the intricate schemes of a twisted mastermind. With Brendan’s life on the line, she has no choice but to involve those who she once considered friends. Amidst encountering senseless tragedies and immense loss, Eviana discovers that she is more valuable as a clan leader than anyone ever suspected. Her survival is not only dependent upon the loyalty of her friends, but also on her acceptance of a life that she had so adamantly tried to escape.
Promises is the first book of The Syrenka Series trilogy following Eviana and her friends through the perils of growing up in a discrete world that inherently threatens human society.



I did a post about this book earlier in the week explaining why I think it's going to be awesome...a few chapters in and I'm enjoying it already :)

Books I've Bought

Grave Dance by Kalayna Price (Alex Craft Series, book 2)
Whoever said dead men tell no tales obviously never met Alex Craft.
After a month spent recovering from a vicious fight with a sorcerer, grave witch Alex Craft is ready to get back to solving murders by raising the dead. With her love life in turmoil thanks to the disappearance of Fae Investigation Bureau agent Falin Andrews and a shocking “L” word confession from Death himself, Alex is eager for the distractions of work. But her new case turns out to be a deadly challenge.
The police hire Alex to consult on a particularly strange investigation in the nature preserve south of Nekros City. The strange part: There are no corpses, only fragments of them. A serial killer is potentially on the loose, and Alex has no way to raise a shade without a body, so she’ll have to rely on the magic of others to find leads. But as she begins investigating, a creature born of the darkest magic comes after her. Someone very powerful wants to make sure the only thing she finds is a dead end—her own.

Oh my God, after buying Grave Witch about 4 weeks ago and loving it I just had to buy Grave Dance. Boy I wasn't disappointed, yes I have already finished it but with my review of Grave Witch still in the 'to be posted' queue, you will have to wait a little while yet. Seriously though, it's great, I mean how can anything with THAT cover not be great!!


Black Dawn by Rachel Caine (Morganville Vampires Series, Book 12)
The hotly-anticipated twelfth instalment in the Morganville Vampires series
In Last Breath, the rain brought a new and dire threat to Morganville and its vampires... their ancient enemies, the draug. Now, the vampires are fighting a losing war, and it will fall to the residents of the Glass House: Michael, Eve, Shane and Claire, to take the fight to an enemy who threatens to destroy the town, forever.
Lovers of Morganville, rejoice: Black Dawn takes the intrigue, romance and nail-biting suspense of the series to its highest level yet!

Another book I did a post about earlier in the week, and that's because I met Rachel Caine on Friday and got this book SIGNED! Oh yeah, really looking forward to reading this :)


Right guys, that's everything this week and I hope you've all had awesome books to add to your shelves too!
See you later!




1 comment:

T said...

Promises sounds absolutely awesome - totally going to have to pick that one up myself at some point!

Have a good week!

My Haul this week

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...