Friday 25 May 2012

Feature and Follow {13}

Righty then, it's currently 4:00 am here in the UK and I can't seem to sleep. So I figured I'd see if this week's feeture and follow was up yet and thankfully the answer was yes! Feature and Follow is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read, where bloggers all around the globe converge to make new friends :)
This weeks Feature and Follow question comes from the lovely folks at Underworld Love Addiction and Charissa Books.

Q. Activity! Dream cast your current read.

Oooh, ok...this should be fun. Earlier today I finished Hounded by Kevin Hearne. Which I must say is an amazing read, if you haven't tried his Iron Druid Chronicles you need to get out there and pick one up. Seriously feeling some Druid love over here :)
Anyway, our hero is a 2,100 year old Druid who goes by the name Atticus O'Sullivan. His 'young Irish lad façade' hiding his true power in plain sight.
'When I go to the grocery store, for example, and people see my curly red hair, fair skin, and long goatee, they suspect I play soccer and drink lots of Guinness. When I'm going sleeveless and they see the tattoos all up and down my right arm, they assume I'm in a rock band and smoke lots of weed. It never enteres their mind that I could be an ancient Druid - and that's the main reason I like this look. If I grew a white beard and got myself a pointy hat, oozed dignity and sagacity and glowed with beatitude, people might start to get the wrong - or the right - idea.'

I adore Atticus' character...he has so much power yet is quite content to let people think he's younger and weaker than he is - in fact, he prefers it that way. But this 2,100 year old Druid has quite the sense of humour and is quick witted - he makes awesome analogies when explaining new fangled devices to gods and goddesses.

I honestly can't picture anyone playing him...I just like the guy on the cover of the book :) However...whoever did get cast as Atticus would HAVE to get his lovely Irish accent just right, man I love a good Irish accent, the way they speak is almost musical...*makes note to go to Dublin ASAP*
All right then good people, let me know what you think!
Bye for now!

9 comments:

Addicted2Heroines said...

I like the guy on the cover too ;) I can't think of any actors who could pull off curly red hair with a long goatee.

I've heard great things about this series. I'll have to check it out soon.

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. Everyone raves about Hounded. I really need to read it.
My Hop

T said...

I haven't read Hounded myself, but I've only heard good things about it - sounds like something I'd enjoy, so I should definitely read it!

My FF Post

Vikki said...

Yep, not many people can rock that look :) It really is an amazing read. I've already ordered the rest of the books in the series, I'm just sorry that it's going to take 4 days for delivery :(

Escapism Fanatic said...

The quote won me over.
I'm a U.K blogger too.
I have not yet read the book but I'm glad you can think up of actors.
My FF

TheReadingPenguin said...

OMG, yeah, Atticus would be freaking impossible to cast. He's just so...unique. I love him! Old follower. My Follow

Unknown said...

New title for me, enjoy! your week-end.

Ivana said...

I also like the guy on the cover.
New GFC follower :) Here's my FF.
Happy Friday!

Michael @ The Bookshelf Review said...

The people on the cover of the book is alway a great choice to go with because that is where you mostly get the basis of the character from. =] This books looks interesting. New Follower. =] Here is My FF

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...