Sunday 25 March 2012

In My Mailbox {4}

Hey guys, I've been slacking on this meme recently so this post is some of the last 3 weeks worth of IMM! I've been up to my ears with work and university assignments so I apologise for my lack of posts, but I'm back on track for the moment *jumps around with happiness* so here goes...

Books received for review:

Dark Frost by Jennifer Estep - Mythos Academy #3 (Received via NetGalley)
I’ve seen so many freaky things since I started attending Mythos Academy last fall. I know I’m supposed to be a fearless warrior, but most of the time, I feel like I’m just waiting for the next Bad, Bad Thing to happen. Like someone trying to kill me—again.
Everyone at Mythos Academy knows me as Gwen Frost, the Gypsy girl who uses her psychometry magic to find lost objects—and who just may be dating Logan Quinn, the hottest guy in school. But I’m also the girl the Reapers of Chaos want dead in the worst way. The Reapers are the baddest of the bad, the people who murdered my mom. So why do they have it in for me?
It turns out my mom hid a powerful artifact called the Helheim Dagger before she died. Now, the Reapers will do anything to get it back. They think I know where the dagger is hidden, but this is one thing I can’t use my magic to find. All I do know is that the Reapers are coming for me—and I’m in for the fight of my life.

Shadow's Edge by Jami Gray - Kyn Chronicles #1 (ARC Received via GoddessFish Tours)
It takes a monster to hunt one, and for Raine McCord, forged in the maelstrom of magic and science, she’s the one for the job. In a world where the supernatural live in a shadowy existence with the mundane, a series of disappearances and deaths threatens the secrecy of her kind and indicates someone knows the monsters are alive and kicking. Partnering up with the sexy and tantalizing Gavin Durand proves to be a challenge as dangerous as the prey she hunts.
When the trail points back to the foundation which warped Raine’s magic as a child, her torturous past raises its ugly head. Gavin and Raine sift through a maze of lies, murder and betrayal to discover not only each other, but the emerging threat to them and the entire magical community.


Books I've Bought:

Magic to the Bone by Devon Monk - Allie Beckstrom #1
Using magic means it uses you back - and every spell exacts a price from the user. Some people, however, get out of it by Offloading the cost of magic onto an innocent, then Allison Beckstrom's job is to identify the spell-caster. Allie would rather live a hand-to-mouth existence than accept the family fortune and the strings that come with it, but when she finds a boy dying from a magical Offload that has her father's signature all over it she is thrown back into the world of his black magic. And the forces she calls on in her quest for the truth will make her capable of things that some will do anything to control





Magic Graves Anthology by Jeaniene Frost and Ilona Andrews (Night Huntress and Kate Daniels Series)
Jeaniene Frost's story, One for the Money, features vampires Cat and Bones trying to protect a spoiled heiress with a price on her head and an undead hitman on her trail.
Ilona Andrews' story, A Questionable Client, is a prequel to her award-winning Kate Daniels series. In a world beset by magic waves, Kate Daniels works as a mercenary. She is tired, hungry, and there is foul-smelling blood on her boots. All she wants to do is to go home, but when Mercenary Guild offers her a job she can't refuse, she finds herself protecting a man against Russian wizards.

Very much looking forward to reading this one - especially A Questionable Client since it's the story of how Kate met Saiman!



Books I've Won:

Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers - Personal Demons Series #2 (I won a SIGNED copy of this book as well as SIGNED bookmarks and Personal Demons tattoos!! Thank you so much to Lisa Desrochers for hosting the contest.
Luc Cain was born and raised in Hell, but he isn’t feeling as demonic as usual lately—thanks to Frannie Cavanaugh and the unique power she never realized she had. But you can’t desert Hell without consequences, and suddenly Frannie and Luc find themselves targeted by the same demons who used to be Luc’s allies.
Left with few options, Frannie and Luc accept the protection of Heaven and one of its most powerful angels, Gabe. Unfortunately, Luc isn’t the only one affected by Frannie, and it isn’t long before Gabe realizes that being around her is too…tempting. Rather than risk losing his wings, he leaves Frannie and Luc under the protection of her recently-acquired guardian angel.
Which would be fine, but Gabe is barely out the door before an assortment of demons appears—and they’re not leaving without dragging Luc back to Hell with them. Hell won’t give up and Heaven won’t give in. Frannie’s guardian exercises all the power he has to keep them away, but the demons are willing to hurt anyone close to Frannie in order to get what they want. It will take everything she has and then some to stay out of Hell’s grasp.
And not everyone will get out of it alive. 

Well that's all for now - though I haven't included the books I downloaded for free from amazon, there were about 5 that I liked the sound of. 
What's in your mailbox?

3 comments:

the story siren said...

fabulous books this week! looks like you'll be "walking" on the dark side!!

happy reading!

Alison Can Read said...

Great set! So cool that you got Dark Frost. I'd like to read the series.
My IMM

Maeva said...

You're so lucky, I have yet to get Original Sin :)

Maeva
Murphy's Library

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...