Friday 2 March 2012

Feature and Follow {3}


Hi everyone! For those who don't know my name is Vikki and I'm the book obsessed lunatic in charge of V's Book Life...scary prospect I know. Anyway Hello to those who are new and Welcome Back to those who have visited before. Today's post is my 3rd feature and follow. Feature and follow is a great way for bloggers like myself to connect with everyone out there in the blogosphere! It's a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read!

This weeks question has had me thinking all day.
Q: What book would you love to see made into a movie or television show and do you have actors/actresses in mind to play the main characters?

A tough one alright! Brilliant question though. I'm always really aprehensive about books that I adore being made into films because I have a certain image in my head, each character has their own personality and if they don't get that right then it completely spoils it for me.
Take the Twilight Saga for example. I enjoyed the books but the films spoilt them for me, I don't like Kirsten Stewart playing Bella...I can't quite put my finger on it but she just doesn't fit somehow.

As for the book I would most like to be turned into a film...well right now I'm halfway through the Elemental Assassin Series by Jennifer Estep and I think that it would make a pretty awesome movie!

As for the cast if I had to pick it'd be....



Also I would have Nicole Kidman playing Jo-Jo Deveraux (Sophia's older sister) who is the sophisticated air elemental who owns a salon.

All right, those are my thoughts BUT I dread my favourite books being made into movies...I'd rather just stay on the page and in my head!

7 comments:

Leah Marie @ Reading With My Eyes Shut said...

There is pretty nothing worse than a bad movie adaption, so I totally understand your trepidation. And I totally agree about Kristin Stewart. I still enjoy the movies okay, but she's an awful Bella.

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! I followed ya back!

Lauren said...

I agree a bad movie can be horrible! Luckily I am pretty good about separating a movie from its book. :) The Elemental Assassin sounds like a great book series!
My FF
My International giveaway

Farhana said...

Haven't read this but love some of the actors you've named!!

Great post, new follower:)

Fran
BookChowDown

Sarah said...

This is one of those series that I've had on my wishlist for some time now, new follower, here's mine

http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/03/feature-and-follow-friday-17.html

Alison Can Read said...

Hopping through. Oddly enough, I think Kristen is one of the best cast people in the Twilight movies. I guess she looks like how I imagined Bella would.
http://www.alisoncanread.com/2012/03/feature-and-follow-friday-86.html

Small Blonde Hippy said...

I didn't like the Twilight films either. When turning a book into a film I think they have to be very careful as it's so easy to offend the book's fans! Thanks for the follow. I'm following back.

Vikki said...

@Alison Can Read

I agree she looks like how I imagined Bella...but she doesn't feel like Bella to me. I can't really explain it and I'm not knocking her as an actress but something isn't right.

Thanks for the comment :)

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...