Friday 9 March 2012

Feature and Follow {4}

Time for the weekly feature and follow meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. For you new folks my name is Vikki and I'm the paranormal/urban fantasy junkie responsible for what you see here. Hi again to my loyal followers. It's been a long week this week, everything seems to be going wrong. The toilet blocked, then the boiler broke and to top it all off I misplaced my keys (though I did eventually find them in my boot but that's not the point).
Anyway, this weeks question comes from Hesperia Loves Books.


Q: Have you ever looked at book’s cover and thought, This is going to horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.

I'm generally attracted to covers that are eye catching, big bold colours...something that isn't boring basically. Anything with a lot of blue is a big bonus as well...I love blue! Either way I wasn't particularly grabbed by the cover of I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore but since my friend kept pushing it under my nose I had to give it a read. You know what? I did really enjoy the book, and subsequently the film. It's more of a science fiction novel, but it's not so complicated that I had trouble following. Some science fictions completely lose me which is why I'm careful about which ones I pick up.
Here's the blurb:
There were nine. Three are dead. I Am Number Four.
Nine teenagers and their guardians are hiding on Earth... protected by a charm that means they can only be killed in numeric order, three are already dead. John Smith is Number Four. And his mortal enemies, the Mogadorian, are hunting him down.
The only way to keep off radar is to keep moving, never staying in one place for long. Finally in the firing line, all he can do is adopt the guise of a student and pray his unusual gifts—his legacies home; Planet Lorien—stay hidden long enough for him to settle into this new community.
But others seem to sense his otherness and when small-town life sucks him into its intrigues, it’s only a matter of time before his true nature is revealed. And that means there’s no space for love, friendship or a future if it means protecting not only himself, but the other five...


It's great, fast paced with enough action to keep me interested, a touch of romance is involved. The Power of Six (book #2) is on my TBR list.

Ok, that's what I thought, what about you guys? Leave me a comment with your thoughts.
Catch you later!

7 comments:

Violette said...

You know...this is the second cover I've seen for this book and I didn't like either of them. I won book #2 recently, so I'll most likely pick up the first one and read it, but yeah, I'm totally with you. The cover appeal just isn't there.

New follower! Thank you for stopping by my blog! :)

DeniseF said...

That cover reminds of an astronomy textbook. I think I would have a hard time wanting to read it.

Thanks for stopping by! Following you back.

_yay_ said...

New follower hopping through :-)
Happy Friday!
That cover is NOT what I'd call a good one. It's awfully dull.
I haven't read the book, though...just seen the movie (that is if that was the one to this book).
_yay_ at Book that Thing
FollowFriday

Andie Z said...

I hadn't seen this version of the cover before, but it does look pretty boring. Definitely doesn't depict all the action that goes on! Good choice!

New follower! :)
Andie
My Friday Memes

Unknown said...

haha I've never seen that version of the cover before either. I'm not too fond of it but it was a good book and movie. Thanks for visiting My FF and I'm following back!

Novels On The Run said...

I also haven't seen this version of the cover..hehe!! maybe it was a short lived cover. I thought book was ok...it seemed to have some writing issues but loved the movie...kinda helped Alex P was in it and us Aussies love Teresa Palmer.

Michelle

Kristina said...

This is the first time I've seen this cover for this book. It looks like one of my sons space books :)
following back

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...