Friday 27 April 2012

Feature and Follow {10}

HELLO! For those of you who are just joining us I'm Vikki and I spend quite a bit of my time hanging out here. Anyway today is Friday, which means it's Feature and Follow time *does happy dance*. This is a meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read where all my fellow book lovers get together and answer one not so simple question. Todays FF question comes from the good people at Little Red Riding Hood and Book That Thing!

Q: Have you had a character that disappointed you? One that you fell in love with and then “broke up” with later on in either the series or a stand-alone book? Tell us about him or her.

Let me tell you about one of my best friends from a couple of years ago. Picture me, a geeky 17 year old who checked out 10 or more books from the library at a time (all PR or UF). One day, by pure chance I met a strong, opinionated, kick-ass young woman who took shit from no-one. It didn't take us long to become the best of friends.  Ok, so she may not have had the greatest wardrobe, we couldn't swap clothes and shoes that often...all she seemed to own were different coloured Nikes, and I'm more a 6 inch heels kinda girl...but I accepted that and we went on amazing journeys together. Her sense of humour had me in fits of giggles and her wit/ sarcasm only added to her amazing personality. To top it off she had a wicked cool job raising zombies and executing rogue vampires and I was always welcome along for the ride. Together we kicked vampire ass, rebelled against our stubborn (but drool worthy) Master of the City and collected cute, cuddly, stuffed penguins.
Then everything changed...
She started spending more time with the vampires, began a relationship with the Master of the City. At first I was happy for her she deserved some love in her life...but being with Jean-Claude had consequences and now she's stuck. When I last spoke to her she was in a committed relationship with more people than just Jean-Claude, shape changers and other master vampires share her bed. Before she would rather killed a Vampire (or die trying) than have sex with one, but now I don't know any more. Our adventures together began to be pushed to one side... and our friendship began to crumble. The last I heard she'd gone hunting a rogue with our mutual friend Edward...which sounds more like the woman I once knew...maybe there's still hope.

I still don't see much of Anita Blake any more, and I wish we could go back to when we first met...but so much has changed...she's changed. I don't know if we'll ever have that friendship back but I am always hopeful. I hope we can finish our journey one day Anita and I'll wait as long as it takes for you to come back to me.



It hurts to talk about the loss of any friendship but I will forever remain hopeful that one day Anita and I will resolve our issues and become best friends once more.

Got a story like mine...let me know :)
See you soon!


11 comments:

sinn said...

I don't know why she did it. Honestly, I wonder if it was because sex was selling in her faery books, so she wanted to add it. Or she could have been working out her sexual angst through Anita. Whatever the reason, she screwed over the whole damn series!! Arg!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm returning the follow ^_^

sinn @sinnful books

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Haha I love the story!! I haven't read the books and I don't have a story as sad as yours, but I do know the feeling! Great answer :)

Here's my FF!

Shanan, The Book Addict said...

You are not the first to mention that you were disappointed by the shift in this character. The beginning part intrigues me about the series but now that I know it gets kind of sucky in the end I am less inclined to want to jump into it. That is one thing that drives me crazy about series!

Shanan
http://thebookaddictnet.blogspot.com/2012/04/follow-friday-18.html

Naga said...

This was... a beautiful way to answer the question, you're making me really want to read this series.. and it sounds like i'm gonna LOVE her wardrobe, i'm all about being comfortable, simple..

New follower :)

Ella
Read Into Hiding

Anonymous said...

Awesome story! This is such a creative way to answer the question! I haven't read this series, heck, I don't even know what you're talking about, but then again, I'm always really clueless. :)

New follower!
Eileen @ ***Singing and Reading in the Rain***
My Follow Friday

Kathryne (Paperback Fantasies) said...

Genius way to answer the question! I'm a new follower. :)

Unknown said...

I understand how you feel about Anita, but I still like the books. LOl

I'm a new networked follower. :)
http://notjustnonsense.blogspot.com.br/2012/04/ff-feature-and-follow-20.html

Abbey Ann said...

Loved the story! I haven't read the series, but I will soon.

New Follower!

Abbey Ann
http://abbeyannsbookland.blogspot.com/2012/04/feature-follow-friday-1.html

Emily said...

Haha love your answer, thanks for dropping by
New follower

Vikki said...

Hey Everyone!
Thanks for all the comments. I truly loved Anita like a sister...but she's not the girl I once knew.

I'm glad you all liked my story and I hope to see you soon!

Vikki xxx

Natasha said...

I chose Anita as well. She's just not the same anymore. It's sad, but true.

I'm a new follower!

Here's mine:
http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2012/04/follow-friday-april-27th-2012.html

You may also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...