Author: Karen Chance
Publisher: Signet Books
Release Date: 2nd October 2012
Series: Dorina Basarab, Book 3
Blurb form Goodreads
Dorina Basarab is a dhampir—half-human, half-vampire. Subject to uncontrollable rages, most dhampirs live very short, very violent lives. But so far, Dory has managed to maintain her sanity by unleashing her anger on those demons and vampires who deserve killing...
Dory is used to fighting hard and nasty. So when she wakes up in a strange scientific lab with a strange man standing over her, her first instinct is to take his head off. Luckily, the man is actually the master vampire Louis-Cesare, so he’s not an easy kill.
It turns out that Dory had been working with a Vampire Senate task force on the smuggling of magical items and weaponry out of Faerie when she was captured and brought to the lab. But when Louis-Cesare rescues her, she has no memory of what happened to her.
To find out what was done to her—and who is behind it—Dory will have to face off with fallen angels, the maddest of mad scientists, and a new breed of vampires that are far worse than undead…
Why am I waiting on it?
1. I am a HUGE Karen Chance fan, her Cassie Palmer series was way up there at the beginning of my Urban Fantasy/Paranormal Romance book interest. So she'll always have a special place in my heart.
2. Dory kicks major ass. As the daughter of the big bad Mircea (and niece of Dracula might I add) this Dhampir has some major skills that have enabled her to live well beyond a Dhampir's normal lifespan. She's 500 years old and knows every trick in the book. Plus she reads Tolkien...how can she not be awesome ;)
3. Louis-Cesare is awesome. The lovely 400 year old auburn haired, French master vampire is both beautiful and skilled, more than a match for our Dorina. Louis-Cesare keeps Dory on her toes, but she is more than a match for him. After the events of Death's Mistress, I can't wait to see where these two are now.
4. Plot sounds interesting and different to the previous 2 books. Book 1 had Dory trying to kill Dracula...and Book 2 had her protecting her friends when someone is offing Senate members. Dory with no memory will probably be a handful. Wait...scratch the probably and pencil in defiantly!
5. I just want it. Want it soooo bad!!
For those whose interest has been piqued, chapters one and two are available by following the link below. I reccomend reading them...they are so good!
WARNING! You will likely be so sucked in that you rant and scream when you reach the bottom of the page...Enjoy!